An accent table is just that it “accents” the rest of the furnishings in that room. It adds flair and character. It needs to match the surroundings while remaining the piece of furniture that stands out among all the rest. The right accent table does to a room what the proper seasoning does to food; it turns bland and ordinary into extraordinary.
An accent table adds function, style and class to the home. It should be durable, and constructed in such a style as to complement the style of the room, so before selecting your accent table consider the other furniture. Woods should be harmonious, if it is a wood table. If it is made of other materials it should be similar in style to the furniture that it will sit next to. For example if the décor is modernistic with sleek lines, the table should be too. Take for example this stylish bistro table.
This fun table comes in two sizes; one made for an armchair, sectional or a sofa, and the other size to provide access for two individuals simultaneously. This table is created with the idea of entertainment whether it is for the family or for family and guests. It is the perfect height for ready access to snacks or games while the party goer remains comfortably seated.
Imagine this table sitting beside this chaise lounge chair, and you get the idea of the kind of setting that this accent table would feel at home in.
Perhaps you would like to purchase the accent table first and then build around it. What should you look for? Remember your selection is going to set the stage for all that follows. Choose wisely.
- Look for a well-constructed table. If it is made of wood, look for actual wood and not particle board.
- Deal with a reputable company. Look for one that offers returns, and or an exchange policy.
- Does the company offer replacement parts? Have you ever purchased a piece of furniture only to have a part get lost and find that it is irreplaceable?
- Do they offer free shipment tracking?
- If it is an online shop does it offer secured shopping? In this day of internet fraud secure shopping is vital for peace of mind.
- What is the purpose of your table? The purpose will assist you in selecting the proper height. If it is to serve as your night stand, you will be more comfortable if it is nearly level with your mattress. If using it in your living room for snacks or games, it should be almost level with the arm of your chair but if you are using it in your entry way or as a vanity it should be high enough that you can place a chair under it and sit there to use it as a desk or make up table.
- What color are your mop boards and door frames? If your home has wood trim that is walnut, for example, an oak accent table would look out of place and destroy the whole look of the room’s décor.
One of the best ways to shop for an accent table is online. Many furniture outlets offer free shipping; you can compare prices and quality, and the measurements are right there. You can compare many with just a few clicks and visualize what they would look like in your home. Get out that tape measure, jot down a few figures and see for yourself.